Bomos: Tessera, incense, bell, lamp, black and white lamps, purple, yellow, red-orange and blue-green candles at quarters.
Magician: Pentacle of Quintessence; Ring; Vestment white, or color-charge white
1) The Astral Defence; Setting of the Wards of Adamant,
(light incense if desired).
2) Advance clockwise to East. Trace presigillum of Aquarius. About it, trace Invoking heptagram of Saturn, while vibrating IALDABAOTH
3) Proceed to South without tracing circle. Trace presigillum of Scorpio. About it, trace Invoking heptagram of Mars, while vibrating SABAO
4) In West, trace presigillum of Leo. About it, trace Invoking heptagram of Sol, while vibrating ONOPHIS
5) In North, Trace presigillum of Taurus. About it, trace Invoking heptagram of Venus, while vibrating ALBAPHLANA
6) Return clockwise to west side of the Bomos, facing east. Assume Tau position and visualize yourself growing to a great height. Visualize the signs of the Zodiac about you and recite:
"Before me stands the dawn of a new day. The Water Bearer has appeared in the east, his plenitude presiding over the spirits of air. At my left, beneath the horizon, the Bull stands ready to plow, presiding over the spirits of earth. Behind me casting long shadows, the Heart of the Noble Lion lights my way into this new day, presiding over the spirits of fire. And at my right, tracing form across the sky, the Great Beast presiding over the spirits of water. Hail, creatures of light! Hail Cherubim, guardians of the heavens! In your embrace, we feel your power.
7) Advance to eastern edge of space and light the purple candle using the white lamp. Proceed clockwise to western edge and light yellow candle. Return clockwise to west of Bomos, facing East. Recite:
"East to west, the axis of balance. Ruled by AMALDIS and PERPHROMEDA."
8) Advance to northern edge of space and light red-orange candle using the black lamp. Proceed clockwise to southern edge and light blue-green candle. Return to west of Bomos, facing east. Recite:
"North to south, the fulcrum of change ruled by KORESUS and BATHONAOS."
Assume Tau position and recite:
"Balance without change is stagnation. Change without balance is chaos. Together, they serve to move the Kosmos."
9) Perform the Second Formula of the Clavis Rei Primae.
10) Strike 2-4-2 upon the bell, and intone the Ogdoadic Catena:
"Salutation and again salutation to the High Guardians of the Glorious Star, who were, and are, and are to come. Salutation and again salutation in the splendour of the Star which unites us."
"O you High Guardians, Hidden Adepti, Dwellers in Eternity: you have given signs and you have shown wonders, and you have revealed yourselves unto your children.
EN GIRO TORTE SOL CICLOS ET ROTOR IGNE.
Such are the Words, such is the Greeting!"
Strike once upon the bell before continuing Catena.
"In a voice of mystery do we call upon you, High Guardians, we who are the continuators of your Work: O Luminous Ones, behold and hear us. Not without our own questing do we ask to know, nor without our own endeavor to attain: but that the sowing shall be crowned in the harvest. For oneness of purpose do we call unto you, for that joy of resolve which is the wine of the will, transforming all that was strange to it. For living light and for luminous life do we call unto you, O Hidden Ones! So Light and Life shall be drawn at last to the radiance of one Star, and that Star shall mount to the unshadowed height."
11) Pause now for meditation on the forces of balance and change in your life.
12) Strike once on the bell, then perform the First Formula of the Clavis Rei Primae
13) Advance counterclockwise to east. Extinguish candle and move counterclockwise to west to extinguish candle there. Return counterclockwise to west of Bomos. Pause for contemplation.
15) Advance counterclockwise to south. Extinguish candle and move counterclockwise to north, extinguish candle there. Return counterclockwise to west of Bomos. Pause for contemplation.
"May the forces of change ever be present within me, governed by the forces of balance. May I use both or either to accomplish my destiny within the Great Work. For, behold, I am moved by you, O Great Sun, and I am moved splendidly."
17) Facing east, perform the Calyx. Strike 3-5-3 upon the bell.
"En giro torte sol ciclos et rotor igne"